Vision & Objectives
NewcastleGateshead Initiative is the destination management and marketing agency; our strength lies in a robust public-private partnership.
Strongly supported by Gateshead Council and Newcastle City Council, we are also proud to have the support of a diverse range of more than 165 businesses and organisations across North East England, large and small, who share in our vision to promote NewcastleGateshead as a world-class place in which to live, learn, work, visit and invest.
We aim to:
Raise the profile of NewcastleGateshead, change perceptions, attract visitors and deliver economic benefits as a result.
We are experts in:
- Destination marketing and communications.
- Destination management.
- Business tourism and conferencing.
- Cultural planning and festivals and events.
Our key objectives are to:
- Promote and develop NewcastleGateshead as a leading city break destination among target national and international audiences.
- Promote NewcastleGateshead as a first-class destination for national and international conferences to conference / event organisers and conference ambassadors; and deliver a high-quality convention bureau service.
- Shape, deliver and promote festivals and major events in NewcastleGateshead to enhance our position as a vibrant cultural destination, attract visitors and engage local audiences.
- Enhance the reputation of NewcastleGateshead as an excellent place to locate and grow a business.
- Build effective partnerships regionally, nationally and internationally to support delivery across all workstreams and to help sustain the long-term success of the destination.
NewcastleGateshead Initiative will take the overview for how NewcastleGateshead is promoted as a place. We are here to help shape and improve the perception and experience of NewcastleGateshead for visitors , students and residents. Our focus is NewcastleGateshead but our brand acts as a gateway to the wider geography and attractions of North East England.
We are keen to engage partners from the public and private sectors who see the benefits of promoting the assets of the area to build NewcastleGateshead’s reputation as a world-class place to live, learn, work and visit. We work closely with a wide and varied range of business and organisations – from national plcs, law firms and investment banks to SMEs, educational institutions, cultural attractions, hotels and more – all of whom share our vision.
To find out more about joining us and playing your part in making a difference for NewcastleGateshead, see Be Part Of It